Oh my goodness! I am loving the fact that it is finally warming up a bit. The sun is out. I am feeling like a lounge chair and a few days off. So that’s not happening, not right now anyway. I have been in a cheery and fiesta mood as of late that has translated into food. Of course, right?! Strawberry mango salsa is my latest obsession and it’s so timely with Cinco de Mayo around the corner.
Like most foods that I make, it is pretty simple to gather ingredients and an explosion of flavor. I mean seriously, life is too short to not eat to taste and enjoy amazing food. At least that is my mantra for the time being. Seasons change and so do my views but for now I want great looking and tasting food. And doesn’t this look yummy and don’t forget healthy!
One great things about this recipe is that incorporates strawberries which are in season and are yummy and sweet. A favorite childhood memory of mine is going to the strawberry farm and picking strawberries from the vine. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does.
- •1 dozen strawberries -cleaned, tops cut off, and chopped
- •1 mango, peeled and chopped
- •¼ cup red onion, chopped
- •1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- •2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- •freshly squeezed juice from ½ lime
- Mixed all ingredients together in your favorite bowl and chill until ready to serve.